Friday, October 2, 2009

Rocktober

The Rockies are going to the playoffs!

I'm sure their success is mostly due to my support as a fan. After all, I went to what, like, 3 games this year? I also listened to the early innings of several games on the radio. (I'd listen to the whole thing, but most games continue well past my bedtime.) I would've watched the games on TV, but my basic cable package doesn't include the Fox Sports Network, and if I upgraded, I wouldn't have enough money to eat the Chipotle burritos that sustain my life and vitality.

Anyway, it's been fun to be a part of the excitement. My brother and his wife had an extra ticket to Tuesday night's game, and generously offered to let me attend with them. The weather was perfect, the seats were right behind the Rockies dugout, the ballpark pizza was delicious, and the game was exciting -- it was a delightful evening! And Ianetta's walkoff homer in the 11th was a fine way to finish it off, for sure.


Yesterday afternoon's victory clinched the Wild Card spot for the team, and if they win their last 3 games against the Dodgers, they'll win the NL West. Unlikely as that is, you still have to be excited about the possibility, and I suspect today's game will gather a lot of attention. I might even have to stay up for the entire thing.

And since they scored 9 runs yesterday, the 4-for-a-buck taco deal is on at the Bell, so my dinner plans are already set. (Yes, I do consider Taco Bell to be an adequate substitute for Chipotle once in a while. What's your point?) I can hardly wait to get through the workday and begin the evening...and the rest of the weekend. It should be an excellent Friday, shouldn't it?

Please join me, my close personal friend Dinger, and all the other serious weirdo baseball fans in cheering on the Rockies for these last games and on into the postseason. And have a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home