Wednesday, January 6, 2010

OK, it's January now

Well, so much for my plans to create multiple entries about 2009 and all its activities. It's too late; I've already forgotten all about that year.

I was also going to do an essay on New Years resolutions, but some of them (like the one about blogging every day) have already been blown to smithereens...so maybe we should skip that topic, as well.

Or not. Here are a few things on my to-do list for 2010:
  • Avoid sushi
  • Talk like a pirate more often
  • Go shopping for discounted Reese's eggs the day after Easter
  • Try to get the phrase "I am not Herbert" back into the popular lexicon
  • Get tickets to the final game of the World Series, and enjoy the Rockies' dominant victory performance
  • Do more yoga
I actually checked out "Yoga for Dummies", and have been reading it. Did you know that a male practitioner is called a "yogi"? Seriously. I thought that was just a name for larcenous bears and Hall of Fame catchers. And though I like the word (partly because it reminds me of "Yoda"), I'm not sure I'd ever want to be called that. Of course, it's better than the word for a female practionioner: "yogini". Sounds like some sort of pasta dish made from cultured dairy products. What's wrong with "yogette"?

Anyway, that's all I have to say for today. Right now, I be walking down the gangplank to go to swim practice. So have yersalf a grreat day, now, me hearties. Yarrr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home