Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Happy New Year!



2016 is here...and I'm not sure I'm entirely ready for it.

I had good intentions about blogging over the holiday break, but I didn't really get a break. Between a trip to Wichita and time spent with my favorite people, I managed to fill every moment with frenzied activity. Most of it was full of holiday cheer and bubbly, carol-soaked noggery, and it zipped by like a japanese bullet train on HGH.

Ergo, my planned actor-based quiz extravaganza hasn't happened yet. But it IS coming, my friends, and you can expect to be challenged and charmed by this journey into obscure movie trivia.

Um, yes, I do realize that very few readers are the least bit interested in whether Paul Carr looks like the dude that flew a jet in "Tomorrow is Yesterday" -- but it amuses me to explore such questions. Just not right now. I have other things going on.

The biggest news is that I have recently become unemployed, though circumstances not of my own choosing. On one hand, this should mean that I would have no excuse not to do more writing. But on the other, I suppose I really ought to spend my time pursuing activities that will help me pay the rent.

And yes, I do realize that there are ways to secure one's financial future that don't rely on ping pong balls spat from a rotating drum. But most of those involve effort...which is not really my thing.

So, in addition to featuring trivia quizzes based on the faces of old actors, this blog will soon be featuring a detailed description of the challenges one faces in navigating the government's baffling unemployment labyrinth. There might also be a few photos of groovy places I've visited, descriptions of fun workouts, and the standard unstructured political ranting. It'll be a hoot, I promise. Please come back and join us when this feature resumes its regular pace after one more week of hiatus.

Thank you for your infinite patience. I apologize for the long break...but good times are ahead. Should be fun! In the meantime, have a great week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home