Friday, February 20, 2009

Thursday

This Sunday is the "Run the Republic" stair climb race. Several folks from our swim team are doing it, and have talked me into participating as well. It's a pretty simple concept; you just go straight up 56 flights of stairs as fast as you can.

As it gets closer, I realize that I'm getting a bit nervous about it. It sounds like it could be painful.

So the question for Thursday morning's workout at the gym was this: "Should I take it easy to 'taper' for the race?" After all, it's 56 floors of quad-busting, lung-burning effort, and may require every bit of endurance and stamina I have.

On the other hand, it's only supposed to take about 12 minutes. Do I really need to rest up in order to do a 12-minute event?

I decided not. I went ahead with my normal Thursday workout -- lifting weights, spending some time on the elliptical machine, cranking the arm-bike, and riding the recumbent exercycle. It was a good day at the gym.

I'll let you know how it goes on Sunday. In the meantime, things have picked up at the office, and I now have several items I'm responsible for on this proposal. There could be some busy days ahead, which often result in opportunities for interesting blogging. I hope I'll have some fun stories to share with you. Stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home