Friday, January 9, 2009

Fun Friday

I have to work for a few hours today, but that's OK. I also have to pick up my new glasses, run some steps, and make sure my kid gets his tuition paid on time. And then there's the challenge of coming up with a "Fun Friday" swim workout that will be appropriate for the folks who'll be swimming 10,000 yards on Sunday -- while still fitting the definition of "fun".

(I've been told repeatedly that my idea of fun doesn't match the way "normal" people define it. I don't understand it, but most folks don't seem to enjoy swimming timed 1000s, or descending sets of 500s and such. Hmm.)

Otherwise, the mantra for the day is "Relax". We might do a few short sprints or something, but overall, I think we'll be leaning toward a taper-type practice. Then with the pasta party tomorrow night, everyone will be all rested and fueled up to knock out the 100 x 100s with no problem.

I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home