Friday, March 4, 2016

If Only Edith Keeler Were Alive Today...

You probably think that my lack of recent bloggery indicates that I have been very busy with my new job, and that I'm working lots of overtime, etc.

Sigh. Unfortunately, no. I wish I could report some dazzling success in my quest for full-time employment, but the sad fact is that I am still Indiana Jonesing my way through the jungles of the Internet, searching for the lost world of paychecks and prosperity. I'm spitting out resumes like the Hovitos distribute blowgun darts. But no luck so far.

I'm not quite at the "Brother, can you spare a dime?" stage yet, but it won't be long before I'll be forced to dust off my old "Would you like fries with that?" service skills. (I think I still have my old paper hat and "My name is Terry: How may I help you?" lapel pin around here somewhere.)

I am still hoping for writing/editing work, or perhaps something in video production...but one becomes less picky as the mortgage due date draws nearer. Still, if anyone knows of an employer who is seeking a brilliant (if somewhat quirky and introverted) fellow to come in and fling grammar about the office, please let me know. Despite being born in the Eisenhower era, I retain an abundance of youthful enthusiasm that provides fuel to energize my decades of wisdom and experience. I'd be grateful if you'd put me in touch with your company's documentation manager or HR person.

Thanks. In the meantime, I'm going to take a break from online career sites for a bit and share some thoughts I've had while searching the job boards. I'll begin with a short Star-Trek oriented puzzle quiz. Can you guess the name of the episode represented by the following images?









Answers tomorrow. Sometime soon, we'll begin our actor lookalike discussion. And I suppose I should provide a few updates on the employment quest. We have the State Championship Swim Meet coming up soon, so there will be talk about swimming. Thanks for dropping by, and I hope you return soon. Have a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home